Veterans transitioning from military careers to civilian ones are a unique and valued asset for the community here in Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, and Union counties. They bring distinct talents, knowledge, and experience that can enrich our businesses and support their success.
CareerSource Florida Crown helps veterans make a successful transition by providing a host of services, at no cost, so veterans can excel in the civilian workforce.
Veterans can work with staff at any of CareerSource Florida Crown Career Centers to find jobs, improve skills and education, plan a new career, and take advantage of the resources we offer. Our Veteran Representatives are experts at converting military job skills to match civilian employer needs, and are committed to helping veterans.
Veterans attempting to return to the work force after military service can face a number of obstacles. Having knowledge of the tax credits employers may be eligible for when hiring a veteran, can be a powerful bargaining chip when attempting salary negotiations – click here for full details.
SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROGRAM:
- Job development services including resume preparation
- Mentoring services for new hires
- Assessment, including a documented plan of service (Individual Employment Plan)
- Counseling and career/vocational guidance
- Referral of disabled veterans to employment opportunities and supportive or remedial services, certifications, etc…
- Counseling support during rehabilitation and recovery
- Provision of supportive services such as housing, transportation, clothing, and food assistance during training
- Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) on-site visits to employers having positions suitable for disabled veteran employment
We also serve incarcerated veterans, with the Transition Incarcerated Veterans’ Program. This program works with incarcerated veterans within 180 days of their release to mentally prepare themselves to be competitive with the general workforce population as they reintegrate into the area’s labor force.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES VETERANS WITH:
- Career counseling one-on-one to include advice & assistance with career training
- Skills assessments through testing and evaluations
- Skill inventory to include transferable skills that were gained through Civilian, Military and Department of Corrections Vocational Courses
- Current and future Labor Market Information (LMI) and Job Referrals upon release
- Employment On-the-Job Training (OJT) where available
- Typing tests
- G.E.D preparations
- Employability skills
- Resume and interview assistance
- Knowledge of the Federal Bonding Program
We offer all of these services and more at no cost to you. Contact us today and begin your new chapter.