No prior computer experience is required. The course covers basic terminology, computer and Internet security, and an introduction of Microsoft Office 2007. This is a 7 week course. If attended 5 out of 7 weeks a Certification of Completion is given.
The goal of this class is to teach intermediate skills for Windows PC’s and Microsoft Word and Excel.
Subjects Covered Include:
- Week 1 – Review of the Ribbon in Microsoft Word. Working around the defaults in Word.
- Week 2 – Margins in Word. Working with Boolean Operators. Keyboard shortcuts.
- Week 3 – Exercise in creating a basic Word document. Bullet Points. Print Screen function.
- Week 4 – Introduction to Excel and exploring the Ribbon.
- Week 5 – Creating a home budget worksheet using Auto Sum.
- Week 6 – Exercise setting a spreadsheet for a data base and sorting.
- Week 7 – Introduction of Publisher and PowerPoint. Presentation of the Certifications.
For more information on this class or others, contact us today!