LOOKING FOR WORK? GET THE ADVANTAGE.
Florida Ready to Work is a new career readiness program that tests and scores job skills and work habits. It’s free. It’s easy. Whether you are looking for work or preparing for college, it will help prove that you are ready.
Your Florida Ready to Work Credential will make you stand out. It will give you a competitive edge. It will show employers and colleges what you can do.
Florida Ready to Work has an online Career Center to help you research the skills and scores you need and online Courseware to help you prepare for the job you want.
Employers in more than 30 other states are now using the program, making the Florida Ready to Work Credential portable across companies, across industries and across the country.
GETTING STARTED WITH FLORIDA READY TO WORK:
- ENROLL TODAY – To get started, you must first sign up. Florida Ready to Work is offered by CareerSource Florida Crown by appointment. Use our contact page to schedule an appointment (link is below).
- TAKE THE PLACEMENT TESTS– Take three quick online tests to measure your skills and make sure you are ready for the next step
- BUILD YOUR SKILLS – To improve your skills and scores, use the online Courseware from any computer, anywhere, anytime
- TAKE THE ASSESSMENTS – To earn the Credential, you must take three proctored Assessments: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information and Reading for Information. The Assessments are different than most others; they measure the communication, reasoning and problem-solving skills required for most jobs today from entry-level to professional. To take the Assessments, contact the same Assessment Center where you enrolled. Each Assessment takes about one hour. You do not have to take all three at the same time
- SCORE 3-3-3 OR MORE – You must score at least a 3 on all three Assessments to earn the Credential. The higher your score, the more jobs you may qualify for. If you come up short, use the online Courseware to build your skills and then take the Assessments again
- GET WORK HABITS CERTIFIED – Complete the optional, online Work Habits program and show employers that you have the right attitude and initiative they need
- GET THE ADVANTAGE – Your Credential will be mailed to you. Attach a copy to your resume and job applications, bring it to job interviews, and prove to employers that you are ready to work
Contact us today to get started!