The Quick Response Training program provides grant funding for customized, skills-based curriculum development and training, through partial reimbursement, to new or expanding businesses in Florida’s targeted industries.
Qualified Targeted Industries for Incentive
The program is cited by economic developers as the number one program with the largest impact on their ability to win multi-state contracts. Furthermore, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Chamber Foundation have recognized the success of the Quick Response Training program over the past several years in their annual rankings.
The Quick Response Training application process is designed as a collaborative effort between the business requesting training, its chosen fiscal agent – a community or state college, area technical center or state university – and the local economic development organization.
The program is a state-funded grant program that provides funding to qualifying businesses to train their net new, full-time employees. Funding is provided in the form of a performance-based reimbursable grant, for a 12-month maximum term. A business pays for pre-approved, direct training-related costs and is reimbursed by CareerSource Florida, through the fiscal agent, upon submission of required documentation.
- Program Benefits for employers
- Increased Competitiveness
- Skilled Workforce
- Increased Productivity
- Increased Profits
- Company Growth
- Reduced Turnover
- Program Benefits for employees
- Advancement Opportunities
- Increased Job Opportunities
- Industry Recognized Credentials
- Job Retention
- Transportable/Transferrable Skills
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until available funding has been awarded. A notification will be posted on careersourceflorida.com when funds are no longer available.
- Businesses Applying For Funding:
- Must be “for profit” and create new, permanent, full-time (35+ hours per week) jobs for Florida workers requiring customized high-level skills training not available at the local level.
- Create new, full-time, permanent, high-quality jobs in qualified targeted industries
- Require non-degree, specialized skills based training of 12 months or less that is not available at the local level.
- Create high-quality jobs paying an average annual wage of at least 125 percent of local or state private sector wages, whichever is lower, unless the business is located in a distressed urban or rural community, or brownfield area
- Must produce an exportable (beyond regional markets) good or service.
- Shall provide sufficient documentation for identification of all participants who would have access through the automated student databases
- May not qualify for funding if relocating from one Florida community to another Florida community
An employer must also demonstrate financial viability in order to be eligible for the Quick Response Training grant funds.
- financial viability requirements
- The most recently filed IRS Form 941 (if the business is a Corporation) or a most recently filed copy of the 1040 Income Tax Return with Schedule SE (if the business is a Sole Proprietorship)
- A letter of Tax Clearance from the Florida Department of Revenue dated within 45 days of application submittal.
Funding Priority Given To Businesses:
- Offering jobs located in a distressed, urban inner city, rural area, or Brownfield area
- Whose grant proposals have the greatest potential for economic impact that contribute inkind and/or cash matches.
- On a first-come, first serve basis
Reimbursable Training Expenses
The CareerSource Florida professional team will work with each company individually during the application process to assist in ensuring the courses meet training related needs. Typically, Quick Response Training includes as reimbursable expenses a portion of instructors’/trainers’ salaries, curriculum development, textbooks/manuals, customized, skills based online training, domestic travel for trainers or trainees, and other costs. Trainee wages are not included as an allowable reimbursement expense. CareerSource Florida will determine an approved per-trainee reimbursement amount based upon the industry, wage, location and reimbursable expense amounts. The actual reimbursement to the company is calculated based on the number of new hires that have completed training and the approved amount per trainee.
For more information on the Quick Response Training program, : click here